Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's been quite the week! I went from deciding whether or not to venture on this x-Saraha trip to making the plans, getting the shots, and saying goodbye to all my wonderful people. I'm somewhere between very nervous and amazingly excited. I feel like leaving in haste will leave some strings untied, but such is life.

I am most thankful for the wonderful support I've received from friends and family. In my temporary absence, please listen to lots of crazy music, and sing sing sing. It may sound odd, but as hard as it was to make the decision to leave this city of Toronto behind for a few months, it was just as hard to decide upon 25 (or so) songs to take with me on a $20 mp3-player. Traveling with me are African favorites Ali Farke Toure, Salif Keita, and Fela Kuti. As well, Paul Simon, and America's great blues singers will bridge the gap to the Bobs (Marley and Dylan, of course), and just a handful more.

I'm not worthy of my family's support, nor my friendships bridging land and sea. But alas, another journey, another adventure. I take your strength and wisdom with me. I must probably thank Dana Fountain most of all for inviting me on his crazy adventure. As he said last night at the Green Room: "Each of us has half a wit, so put together we'll be fine."

Next stop, Morocco!

Peace and love to all.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love you, have the best time and stay the F#@k out of Syria!

March 13, 2007 2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Abbo said...

Stay safe and have a fantastic voyage!
I'll be thinking of you.
Abby

March 13, 2007 8:10 p.m.  
Blogger Luke Rodgers said...

I think it's obvious the trip will have to be declared a failure unless one of you provides photo evidence of having drunkenly punched a camel in the head.
I'm assuming this will have to be you, Adam, as Dana is a vegetarian and is presumably against animal abuse. And so am I. Shame on you, Adam, shame.

March 14, 2007 5:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home